to return to
A Really Rotten Borough
CLICK HERE
latest update 12 February 2010
............................................................

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Cost of investigation and disciplinary process re senior council officers-UPDATE

Today there was a flurry of emails regarding this Freedom of Information request on the What Do They Know website:


M Smith to Wirral Borough Council:

Wirral Borough Council is breaking the law, as it has not responded to my Freedom of Information request within the allotted period.

I am extremely dissatisfied that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my request, and I now request an internal review of the Council's handling of it.

My FOI request is available on the Internet at this address:
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/co...

Yours faithfully

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wirral Borough Council to M Smith:

Good Morning,
Apologies for the delay in responding, you are correct that your request is overdue as it was due up yesterday. I will make further enquiries and get back to you today regarding the progress of your request.
The Council does not routinely acknowledge requests and it is not a requirement of the legislation to do so. If a requestor specifically requested an acknowledgement then we would of course send one.
Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wirral Borough Council to M Smith:

Good Afternoon,
Further to my email below. The Independent Investigation was done by the North West Employers, I am just awaiting confirmation of the full amount paid to them and this will be available to me tomorrow. I will then be in a position to email you a full reply, and I thank you for your patience in this matter.
There were no separate associated legal costs, as the legal work was all done in house by Wirral Council Employees.
Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------


M Smith to Wirral Borough Council:

Thank you for your belated response.

You say "The Council does not routinely acknowledge requests and it is not a requirement of the legislation to do so."

As you have confirmed, your response, which would have served as an acknowledgement, was overdue, hence my request for a review being prompted by this site.

I await the full details in response to my request with great interest.

Yours sincerely
---------------------------------------------------------------


.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment